Spiced Quinoa Pumpkin Risotto
NOW FOODS: R&D CORPORATE CHEF SUZY SINGH
|2 tsp Organic NOW Real Food Vanilla Extract|
|1 cup Living Now™ Organic Quinoa|
|3 tsp NOW Real Food Organic Grade A Maple Syrup|
|1 Tbsp NOW Real Food Organic Virgin Coconut Oil|
|5 cups chopped pumpkin (large chop)|
|9 cups water|
|2 sprigs of rosemary|
|¼ cup shallots (chopped)|
|2 garlic cloves (finely diced)|
|2 tsp sea salt|
|1/8 tsp nutmeg|
|¼ tsp cinnamon|
|1 cup dry white wine|
|¼ cup shaved parmesan|
|1/4 cup microgreens (preferably Kohlrabi)|
1) In a large stock pot place 9 cups of water with chopped pumpkin, rosemary, nutmeg, vanilla, clove, 1 tsp sea salt, and cinnamon.
2) Allow for the mixture to come to a boil, then place on low heat.
3) In a sauté pan place 1 Tbsp coconut oil.
4) Add shallots, garlic, and 1 tsp salt.
5) Sauté for 2 minutes on medium heat.
6) Add quinoa and deglaze with 1cup of dry white wine.
7) Allow mixture to cook until only ¼ of the white wine remains in the pan.
8) Slowing ladle in pumpkin stock and mix the quinoa on low heat.
9) Continue this process for 15 minutes until the quinoa is fully cooked.
10) Combine with maple syrup.
11) Cook for 2 minutes on low heat.
12) Top with shaved Parmesan and serve with microgreens.
13) Serve warm or cold and enjoy!