Roasted Acorn Squash with Toasted Quinoa
|1 acorn Squash, cubed|
|½ cup chopped onion|
|½ cup tomato|
|1 cup apple cider|
|2 cups of water|
|½ cup NOW Sucanat|
|6 tbsp NOW Organic Certified Virgin Coconut Oil|
|2 tsp Organic Coconut Shredded|
|½ cup Quinoa|
|1 cup vegetable stock|
|1 tsp sea salt|
|1 tsp oregano, finely chopped|
1) In a roasting pan place acorn squash, apple cider water, and sucanat.
2) Place in oven at 350F for 25 minutes.
3) In a stock pot on medium heat place 2 tsp of coconut oil.
4) Add onions and 1 tsp of sea salt.
5) Sauté for 2 minutes.
6) Add quinoa and toast for 2 minute.
7) Add vegetable stock, tomatoes, and chopped oregano.
8) Allow the mixture to come to a boil.
9) Then place on low heat, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
10) In a sauté pan under medium high heat place shredded coconut.
11) Continually toss until the coconut is golden brown.
12) Take acorn squash out of oven and immediately place in food processor with reserved liquid from pan.
13) Pulse until uniform mixture is formed.
14) Combine squash puree with quinoa and top with toasted coconut.
15) Serve warm with duck.