Mediterranean Black Bean Veggie Burgers
Makes 4 servings
|1 cup peeled and diced potato (from an 8-ounce russet potato|
|2/3 cup cooked black beans, coarsely mashed|
|1/2 cup finely chopped kale|
|1/2 cup NOW Organic Rolled Oats*|
|1/2 cup finely diced roasted red bell pepper|
|1/4 cup diced onions|
|1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped|
|4 Tablespoons finely chopped parsley|
|3 cloves chopped garlic|
|1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|2 teaspoons water|
*NOW products available at your local health food store
- Cook potato in boiling water until fork tender. Drain and cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, combine potato with black beans.
- Combine all of the ingredients together until a homogenous mixture is formed
- With damp hands, form into patties about 3 1/2 inches in diameter and 3/4-inch thick
- Spray parchment paper with cooking oil.
- Place burger patties on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. ( 2 inches apart)
- Bake 15 minutes, then flip burgers and continue to bake for another 10 minutes.
Freezing Veggie Burgers:
- Cool cooked burgers and place them in individual re-sealable plastic bags, and freeze up to 3 months.
- To reheat, unwrap the burgers, de-thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes, then place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake at 300°F until heated through, 12-15 minutes.
Calories from Fat: 45
Total Fat: 5g
Saturated Fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrate: 23g
Dietary Fiber: 4g