Savory Shiitake Amaranth Grain
This delicious earthy side dish is great for any holiday occasion. Your guests will be in for a delicious treat!
|1 cup shiitake mushrooms|
|½ cup NOW Amaranth Grain|
|1 cup vegetable stock|
|½ cup chopped onions|
|1 sprig of rosemary, finely chopped|
|2 tsp sea salt|
|2 tsp freshly chopped parsley|
|1 tsp NOW Noni Juice|
|1 tsp NOW Certified Organic Virgin coconut oil|
1) In a stock pot place vegetable stock, amaranth grain, 1 tsp sea salt, and 1 sprig of rosemary
2) Allow for the mixture to come up to a boil, then cover and place on low heat for 15 minutes.
3) In a separate sauté pan place 1 tsp of coconut oil
4) Add chopped onions, shiitake mushrooms, and 1 tsp of sea salt
5) Sauté until the chopped onions have a golden brown color
6) Uncover the amaranth grain and fluff with fork
7) Combine with shiitake mushrooms, onions, chopped parsley, and noni juice.
8) Serve warm and enjoy!