5 Spice Sesame Vegetable Medley
Spice up your dinner with this perfect Asian side dish. This vegetable medley can pair well with tofu, fish or duck.
|6 tbsp NOW Coconut Oil|
|2 cups Sugar Snap Peas|
|1 cup Sweet Peas|
|½ cup diced carrots|
|¼ cup NOW Sesame Seeds, Hulled|
|¼ cup NOW Ginger Diced, finely chopped|
|¼ cup NOW Certified Organic Cashews, chopped|
|1 tsp 5 spice|
|1 tsp Sea Salt|
|1/2 tsp White pepper|
1) Place sugar snap peas in stockpot with 4 cups of water
2) Bring to boil and place on low heat
3) Cook until the snap peas are crisp tender
4) In a sheet pan place 2 tbsp of melted Coconut oil
5) Add diced carrots, 1 tsp of salt, and white pepper. Mix together
6) Place in oven at 350F for 10 minutes
7) In a wok, place Cashews and Sesame seeds on medium heat
8) Roast on dry heat for 1-2 minutes until the sesame seeds start browning
9) Add 4 tbsp coconut oil into the wok
10) Add NOW Ginger dices, Sugar Snap Peas, roasted carrots, and sweet peas
11) Toss in Chinese 5 Spice and cook on high heat for 2-3 minutes.
12) Serve warm and enjoy!