Chewy Coconut Granola Bars
Created by the NOW® Culinary Innovation Team
Perfect for breakfast on the go or a quick snack, these moist and chewy granola bars can be customized with any combination of nuts, seeds and dried fruit.
Makes 10-12 servings
|1 1/2 cup NOW Rolled Oats|
|1 cup NOW Organic Unsweetened Shredded Coconut*|
|1/2 cup finely chopped NOW Organic Walnuts*|
|1/4 cup oat flour (You can quickly make oat flour by blending uncooked rolled oats until it has a fine consistency)|
|1 cup NOW Organic Dried Apricots*|
|3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce|
|1/3 cup NOW Agave Nectar|
|2 teaspoons NOW Organic Vanilla Extract*|
*NOW products available at your local health food store
- In a large saute pan on high heat stir in rolled oats.
- After 2 minute, add coconut flakes and in a continuous motion toast the rolled oats and coconut flakes.
- Toast until light golden brown
- In a large bowl, stir together cooled toasted oats and coconut, dried fruit, walnuts and oat flour.
- In a small bowl, whisk together applesauce, agave nectar, and vanilla extract until evenly blended.
- Stir applesauce mixture into oat mixture until combined.
- Spread mixture in the prepared baking pan, pressing down until the mixture is compact.
- Bake 30 minutes at 325F or until golden brown.
- Cool completely and cut into small rectangular bars.
- Store the bars in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Calories from fat: 90
Total Fat: 10g
Saturated Fat: 5g
Total Carbohydrate: 31g
Dietary Fiber: 4g