Tropical Multigrain Muffins
These muffins are loaded with heart-healthy oat bran.
Makes 12 muffins
|1 cup fat-free plain yogurt (from 2-lb container)|
|1/2 cup packed brown sugar|
|1/4 cup NOW Virgin Organic Coconut Oil|
|1 ½ cups whole wheat flour|
|3/4 cup NOW Oat Bran*|
|1 teaspoon baking powder|
|1/2 teaspoon baking soda|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 cup NOW Tropical Fruit Mix Dices*|
*NOW products available at your local health food store
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease bottoms only of 12 regular-size muffin cups with NOW Coconut Oil
- In a large bowl which egg with brown sugar until the egg mixture doubles in size.
- Whisk in oil and yogurt until homogenous mixture is created.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, & salt until well combined.
- Slowly combine dry ingredients into the wet ingredient.
- Fold in Oat Bran & Diced Fruit Mix.
- Fill each cup 3/4th of the way up.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and let the muffins cool for 20 minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Calories from Fat: 50
Total Fat: 5g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Total Carbohydrates: 32g
Dietary Fiber: 3g