Mediterranean Couscous with Toasted Walnuts
Created by the NOW® Culinary Innovation Team
This crave-able couscous recipe with infusion of Mediterranean flavors makes a healthy base for any entrée.
Makes 6 servings
|1 tablespoon Ellyndale Organics™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|¾ cup chopped NOW Certified Organic Walnuts*|
|1 small clove garlic, minced or pressed|
|½ cup lightly packed chopped fresh mint|
|½ cup lightly packed chopped fresh rosemary|
|½ cup lightly packed chopped parsley|
|2 tsp Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice|
|½ teaspoon coarse salt|
|2 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth|
|1 cup Whole Wheat Couscous|
*NOW products available at your local health food store
- In a medium saucepan, bring broth or water to a boil.
- Add couscous. Remove from heat, cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Place a sauté pan on medium heat.
- In the sauté pan, add 1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add organic walnuts and stir until lightly toasted and fragrant, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and cook until the garlic starts to brown, about 1-2 minutes.
- Uncover the couscous and fluff with a fork
- Toss in ½ tsp of salt, garlic, walnuts, chopped herbs, and lemon juice.
- Combine until the couscous is evenly mixed and serve.
Total Fat: 12g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Total Carbohydrates: 28g
Dietary Fiber: 3g