Blueberry Muffins without the Muffin Top
Makes 12 muffins (Gluten Free); same mix can be used for making delicious GF pancakes! Just add 1 more cup of water.
|1½ cups NOW® Real Food Organic Brown Rice Flour*|
|1 cup fresh blueberries|
|½ tsp NOW® Real Food Organic Vanilla Extract*|
|1/3 cup grapeseed oil|
|3/4 cup water|
|1 egg (or ¼ cup of silken tofu: vegan option)|
|½ tsp sea salt|
|1 tsp baking soda|
|2 tsp baking powder|
|5 Tbsp NOW® Real Food Organic Light Agave Nectar*|
|5 Tbsp NOW® Real Food Organic Maple Syrup (to top pancake)*|
- Preheat Oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg lightly ( Or whip tofu in blender until you have an even consistency).
- Stir in the water, grapeseed oil, vanilla, Agave Nectar, and fresh blueberries
- In a separate bowl combine rice flour, sea salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Stir the flour mixture into the blueberry mixture until fully incorporated.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper bake cups, and divide the batter among them.
- Bake at 375F for 20 minutes.
- Set aside for 10 minutes until fully cool and then serve.
*NOW items available at your local health food store