Better-than-Bisquick Quinoa Pancakes
|2 cups quinoa flour|
|2 Tbsp baking powder|
|1/4 tsp baking soda|
|1/8 cup light-flavored oil, such as sunflower|
|1/2 cup NOW Real Food® Raw Cashews|
|2 cups warm water|
|1 tsp NOW Real Food® Vanilla Extract|
|1 tsp lemon juice|
|1 tsp NOW Real Food® Maple Syrup|
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together quinoa flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In blender, grind nuts to a fine powder, pausing to scrape under the blades 2–3 times.
- Add to blender: water, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and maple syrup and blend 3–4 minutes.
- Pour liquids over dry ingredients and whisk a few times, eliminating lumps. If batter is too thick, add water as necessary.
- Pour a scant 1/4 cup of batter onto hot non-stick griddle (heated until water dances on it) for each pancake.
- Serve with fruit sauce or applesauce.
Add 1–2 tablespoons flaxseed into the blender with the cashews. For a heavier buckwheat sourdough pancake, replace up to 1 cup of quinoa flour with buckwheat flour and use 2 tablespoons baking powder.
*NOW items available at your local health food store