From NOW employee, Sherri Janes
Yields twelve 4-inch pancakes
|2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour, or 2 cups NOW Real Food® Almond Flour*|
|1/2 cup sugar or 1/2 cup NOW Real Food® Xylitol*|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|2 teaspoons baking powder|
|2 teaspoons baking soda|
|1/2 teaspoon cinnamon|
|1/2 teaspoon NOW Real Food® Vanilla Extract*|
|1 cup plain yogurt|
|3/4 cup milk|
|1 cup canned pumpkin|
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda and spices.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, adding yogurt, milk and pumpkin puree, then mix well.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Spoon the batter onto a preheated, oiled griddle, using 1/4 cup batter for each pancake.
- Cook pancakes slowly over a low-medium heat for approximately 4-6 minutes, flipping after 3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts (2 Pancakes):
Calories from Fat 30
Total Fat 3.5 g
Cholesterol 95 mg
Total Carbohydrates 57 g
Protein 10 g
*NOW items available at your local health food store