Orange Date Bread
From Puresource employee Sylvia Finlay
This bread is very moist and delicious.
Makes 1 loaf
|¾ cup boiling water|
|½ cup organic tangerine juice or any other pure, not from concentrate, orange juice|
|1 cup dates, chopped|
|¾ cup NOW Real Food® Xylitol*|
|1 ¼ cups whole wheat flour (or 1 ½ cup unbleached all-purpose flour)|
|½ tsp. cinnamon|
|¼ tsp. nutmeg|
|¼ tsp. ground cloves|
|1 ½ tsp. baking soda|
|¼ tsp. salt|
|1/2 tsp NOW Real Food® Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil*|
|1 cup chopped NOW Real Food® Walnuts*|
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix together boiling water, orange juice, chopped dates and Xylitol.
- Set aside until cooled to room temperature.
- Sift together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- Cream coconut oil, add egg and beat well.
- Stir in date mixture.
- Add dry ingredients and stir batter until moistened.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Pour into greased loaf pan and bake for 55-65 minutes.
- Cool in bread pan for 10 minutes; remove and cool completely before slicing.
*NOW items available at your local health food store
Rate This Recipe