Mixed Whole Grain Breakfast
Adapted from Delicious Living Magazine, www.deliciouslivingmag.com/food/recipes
You may substitute other dried fruits, such as cherries, currants or goji berries for the raisins, dates, or apricots in this hearty, high-fiber breakfast recipe.
|1 cup water|
|2 Tbsp. raw buckwheat groats, rinsed|
|2 Tbsp. millet, rinsed|
|3 Tbsp. NOW Real Food® Rolled Oats*|
|1/2 cup chopped red apple|
|1/4 cup chopped NOW Real Food® Natural Almonds*|
|1/4 cup raisins, chopped dates, or NOW Real Food® Dried Apricots*|
|1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon|
|1/8 tsp. ground cardamom|
|1/8 tsp. salt|
|2 tsp. ground NOW Real Food® Flax Seeds*|
|Dairy, soy, almond, or rice milk, or yogurt (optional)|
- Bring water to a boil in a small pot.
- Add rinsed buckwheat and millet, plus oats, apple, almonds, dried fruit of your choice, cinnamon, cardamom, and salt, then stir.
- When simmering, cover and reduce heat to low.
- Cook 15 minutes, then turn off heat and let the pot sit, covered, for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in ground flaxseed and serve, topped with milk or yogurt, if desired.
9g Total Fat
1g Saturated Fat
*NOW items available at your local health food store
Rate This Recipe