Refrigerator Ground Flax Seed and Bran Muffins
Source: The Flax Council of Canada, www.flaxcouncil.ca
|1 cup NOW Real Food® Almond Oil*|
|2 tsp. baking soda|
|2 cups currants* or dates|
|1 cup ground flax seed mea|
|4 cups NOW Real Food® Oat Bran|
|3 cups whole wheat flour|
|2 tsp. baking powder|
|1 cup granulated sugar|
|1/3 cup molasses|
|3 cups milk|
|1 cup ground flax seed meal|
- In a large bowl, beat together oil, sugar, and eggs until well mixed.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Spoon batter into lined muffin tins.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for about 15 minutes.
Note: The batter may be refrigerated for up to four weeks, so you can enjoy fresh baked muffins every morning.
*NOW items available at your local health food store