Oat Waffles (Sarah Richard-Bennet)
|1 cup whole wheat flour |
|2 teaspoons baking powder |
|½ teaspoon salt |
|1/2 cup NOW Real Food® Rolled Oats*|
|¼ cup NOW Real Food® Oat Bran*|
|2 eggs, separated |
|¼ cup vegetable oil |
|1 cup milk |
|Syrup or honey|
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt and oats together.
- Beat egg yolks and oil together until blended.
- Add enough milk to make 1½ cups liquid.
- Add to the dry ingredients and mix only enough to moisten.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into batter.
- Drop onto a preheated, oiled waffle iron and bake until browned. Yields 3 nine-inch square waffles.
Note: The mix may look a little thick, but it cooks light with good texture and taste.
*NOW items available at your local health food store