Pineapple Carrot Muffins
This recipe was submitted by Sharon Wong, NOW Foods
|2 cups flour (I usually mix flours: 1 cup unbleached, 1/3 cup each whole wheat flour, NOW Organic Rolled Oats, and garbanzo bean flour)|
|1/2 to 1 cup honey|
|1 tsp. each of non-aluminum baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon|
|1/2 tsp. salt|
|2 medium-sized carrots, shredded|
|1/2 cup NOW Organic Virgin Coconut Oil*, melted|
|8 oz. drained crushed unsweetened canned pineapple|
|Optional: 1/2 cup Organic Unsweetened Shredded NOW coconut|
|Optional: 1/2 cup Organic Raw NOW Walnuts, chopped|
|Optional: 1/2 cup organic raisins|
*NOW ingredients available at your local health food store
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and mix lightly (overmixing can ruin it).
- Butter or oil the muffin pan.
- Bake in your preferred size muffin pan- about 12-15 minutes for mini-muffins, 15+ minutes for regular size muffins.
- They are done when a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let set in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Lightly run a knife around the edge of the muffins to remove.
- Eat! Enjoy!