Flax and Honey Banana Bread
Adapted from Whole Foods Market recipes
Very ripe bananas make this extra sweet and flavorful.
Review: “Very easy to make. For a sweeter taste, you could add some raisins.” ~Tina M.
Makes 8 servings
|3/4 cup mashed very ripe bananas (about 2)|
|3/4 cup unsweetened soymilk|
|1/4 cup honey|
|1 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour|
|3 tablespoons NOW Organic Flax Seed Meal*, divided|
|1 tablespoon baking powder|
|1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt|
*NOW items available at your local health food store
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8-inch loaf pan with wide strips of parchment paper running its length and width.
- In a large bowl, whisk together banana, soymilk and honey.
- Add flour, 2 tablespoons flaxseed, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Whisk again just until combined.
- Transfer to pan, sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon flaxseed and bake until cooked through and golden brown, about 55 minutes.
- Carefully loosen corners with a table knife, if needed.
- Remove bread to a rack to cool.
Calories from Fat: 20
Total Fat: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 0
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 280 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 32 g
Dietary Fiber: 5 g
Sugars: 11 g
Protein: 4 g