Adapted from Taste for Life Magazine, September, 2011
This flavorful bread contains heart-healthy walnuts and 3 grams of fiber.
Makes one large loaf
|1 cup milk|
|1 cup honey|
|1/2 cup soft butter|
|2 eggs, beaten|
|2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour|
|1 tsp. salt|
|1 Tbsp. baking powder|
|3/4 cup chopped NOW Real Food® Walnuts*|
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine milk and honey, and stir over low heat until blended.
- Remove from heat and mix in butter.
- When cooled to room temperature, beat in eggs, flour, salt and baking powder until well mixed.
- Fold in the walnuts.
- Place in an oiled loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes in the pan before removing.
- Let cool longer before slicing.
5 g Protein
33 g Carbohydrates
3 g Fiber
9 g Total Fat
173 mg Sodium
*NOW items available at your local health food store