Walnut Blueberry Banana Bread
Adapted from Clean Eating magazine, November 16, 2010
One of the poster-children for antioxidants, sweet blueberries lend a burst of color to classic banana bread, while walnuts give each tender slice a textural kick.
Makes 10 servings
|Olive oil cooking spray|
|1 ripe banana, mashed|
|3/4 cup NOW Real Food® Ground Flax Seed Meal*|
|2 egg whites|
|1⁄3 cup NOW Real Food® Agave Nectar*|
|1 cup 1% buttermilk|
|1 tsp baking soda|
|1/2 tsp sea salt|
|3/4 cup whole-wheat flour|
|3/4 cup spelt flour|
|1 tsp orange rind, grated|
|1 cup blueberries|
|1/2 cup chopped NOW Real Food® Unsalted Walnuts*|
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a nonstick loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together banana, flaxseed, egg whites, agave and buttermilk.
- In a separate bowl, mix baking soda, salt, flours and orange rind.
- Combine dry ingredients into banana mixture.
- Gently fold in blueberries and walnuts.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes.
Nutrients per 4 x 1/2-inch slice:
Total Fat: 6 g
Sat. Fat: 0.5 g
Carbs: 33 g
Fiber: 6 g
Sugars: 13 g
Protein: 8 g
Sodium: 260 mg
Cholesterol: 0 mg
*NOW items available at your local health food store