Maple Fig Muffins
Adapted from NaturalSolutions.
Makes 12 servings
|1/2 cup NOW Real Food® Oat Bran*|
|1/3 cup wheat bran|
|1 cup whole wheat pastry flour|
|1/3 cup NOW Real Food® Rolled Oats*|
|1 tablespoon baking powder|
|1 teaspoon baking soda|
|2 tablespoons cornstarch|
|1/2 cup NOW Real Food® Walnuts*|
|11/4 cups unsweetened applesauce|
|1/3 cup NOW Real Food® Maple Syrup*|
|1 teaspoon NOW Real Food® Vanilla Extract*|
|2 tablespoons canola oil|
|1/2 cup chopped dried figs|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine oat bran, wheat bran, flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch.
- In a blender, grind walnuts until fine; stir into dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine applesauce, maple syrup, vanilla, and canola oil, and stir until well-mixed, then stir in figs.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and fold in wet.
- Mix just enough to combine ingredients; do not over-mix.
- Spoon batter into a muffin tin lined with paper liners.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool for five minutes before serving.
Nutrition information per serving (1 muffin):
Protein 3 g
Carbohydrate 27 g
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 74 mg
Fiber 4 g
*NOW items available at your local health food store