Fruit and Oat Muesli
Adapted from Bon Appétit magazine, January, 2010
Can be made 8 hours ahead
|1 1/4 cups quick-cooking rolled oats|
|2/3 cup reduced-fat (2%) milk|
|2/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt|
|1 teaspoon NOW Real Food® Organic Vanilla Extract*|
|2/3 cup fresh orange juice|
|1/4 cup honey|
|1 1/2 cups grated peeled red-skinned apples (about 2 medium)|
|1 cup chopped NOW Real Food® Almonds*|
|3 cups chopped fresh fruit of your choice, such as apples, pears, and peeled oranges|
- Mix first 4 ingredients in large bowl.
- Let stand 5 minutes to soften oats.
- Whisk orange juice and honey in medium bowl.
- Stir in grated apples and almonds, then 3 cups chopped fruit.
- Stir fruit mixture into oat mixture.
- Cover and chill
- Spoon into bowls.
311.5 calories (28.6% calories from fat)
9.9 g fat
1.1 g saturated fat
3.8 mg cholesterol
51.8 g carbohydrates
6.4 g dietary fiber
31.8 g total sugars
45.5 g net carbohydrates
8.1 g protein
*NOW items available at your local health food store