Oatmeal Whole Wheat Quick Bread
Adapted from www.allrecipes.com
There's no yeast in this bread, so it's good for special diets. It's pretty dense, but great when fresh from the oven.
|1 cup NOW Real Food® Rolled Oats*|
|1 cup whole wheat flour|
|2 teaspoons baking powder|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1 1/2 tablespoons NOW Real Food® Organic Maple Syrup*|
|1 tablespoon NOW Real Food® Sweet Almond Oil*|
|1 cup reduced-fat milk or soy milk|
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Grind oatmeal in a food processor or blender.
- In a large bowl, combine oatmeal, flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve honey in vegetable oil then stir in the milk.
- Combine both mixtures and stir until a soft dough is formed.
- Form the dough into a ball and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until bottom of loaf sounds hollow when tapped.
- Makes one loaf.
Total Fat: 2.2g
*ingredients available at your local health food store