Agave-Sweetened Carrot Muffins
Adapted from Country Living Magazine, January 2009
Whole wheat flour and shredded carrots make this muffin as healthy as it is delicious.
Makes 16 muffins
|1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour|
|1/2 cup whole wheat flour|
|1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon|
|1 tsp. baking powder|
|1 tsp. baking soda|
|1/4 tsp. salt|
|2 large eggs|
|1/3 cup dark brown sugar|
|1 tsp. NOW Real Food® Organic Vanilla Extract* |
|1/2 cup NOW Real Food® Organic Agave Nectar*|
|1/3 cup NOW Real Food® Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line 16 standard-size muffin pan cups with baking papers and set aside.
- Whisk together the flours, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Finely grate the carrots and stir together with the remaining ingredients.
- Stir the carrot mixture into the flour mixture.
- Divide the batter evenly between the baking cups and bake until a skewer inserted into the muffin center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Immediately remove the muffins from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
Nutrition per Muffin:
Protein: 2.7 g
Fat: 5.4 g
Carbohydrate: 26.9 g
Fiber: 1.4 g
Sodium: 161.5 mg
Cholesterol: 22.5 mg
*NOW items available at your local health food store
Rate This Recipe