Coconut Oil and Strawberry Smoothie
From NaturalNews, October 6, 2010
Healthy strawberry smoothies are packed with phytonutrients, vitamins, minerals and enzymes that come in a whole-food form. Combined with coconut oil, a strawberry smoothie is rich and filling enough for a complete meal.
|1 cup fresh strawberries|
|1 tablespoon lemon juice|
|1 tablespoon honey|
|1 tablespoon NOW Real Food® Coconut Oil*|
|1/3 cup soaked NOW Real Food® Almonds*|
|1 and 1/2 cups water|
To soak almonds:
- Rinse almonds in water. The quantity of water should be double the quantity of almonds.
- Place these almonds in a glass or stainless steel bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a cloth or towel and not with a dish or lid.
- Almonds must be soaked at room temperature.
- Drain the water and rinse the nuts thoroughly after 8-10 hour
To make smoothie:
- Blend until smooth and strain to remove almond meal.
*NOW ingredients available at your local health food store
Rate This Recipe