Chive & Walnut “Cheese” Bites
Recipe courtesy of Vegetarian Times, www.VegetarianTimes.com
The VT staffers couldn’t get enough of these bite-size appetizers—and couldn’t believe they were made with tofu cream cheese. (Fresh chives mask the soy flavor.)
Makes 28 bites
|1 ½ cups walnuts, divided|
|16 oz. tofu cream cheese|
|1 cup finely chopped chives, (4 bunches), divided|
|½ small shallot, minced (1 Tbs.)|
|¼ tsp. smoked paprika|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread walnuts on baking sheet, and bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Cool, and grind finely in food processor.
- Stir together cream cheese, 3 Tbs. chives, shallot, smoked paprika, and 3 Tbs. walnuts until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Scoop mixture into 2 tsp.-size balls.
- Roll half in remaining chopped chives and half in remaining walnuts.
- Serve immediately.
Protein: 2 g
Total Fat: 8.5 g
Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
Carbohydrates: 2 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 98 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 0 g
Rate This Recipe