Banana Nut Breakfast Cookies
These healthy cookies make a great on-the-go breakfast or anytime treat.
Makes 2 dozen cookies
|2 cups uncooked NOW Organic Rolled Oats*|
|1/2 cup golden raisins|
|1/2 cup NOW Organic Dried Apricots*, chopped|
|1 cup NOW Organic Walnuts*, chopped|
|1/2 tsp. salt|
|1 tsp. cinnamon|
|1 1/2 cups mashed, very ripe bananas (about 3 medium)|
|1/3 cup NOW Organic Virgin Coconut Oil*|
|1 tsp. NOW Organic Vanilla Extract*|
*NOW ingredients available at your local health food store
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine oats, golden raisins, dried apricots, walnuts, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Stir well.
- In a medium bowl, combine banana, coconut oil, and vanilla, stirring well.
- Add the banana mixture to the oat mixture in the large bowl, stirring to combine all ingredients.
- Put bowl in the refrigerator and let chill for 15 minutes.
- Take bowl out of refrigerator and drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. or until lightly golden.
- Transfer cookies onto wire racks and let cool completely.