Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from Clean Eating Magazine, May 28, 2012
Six ingredients and 20 minutes is all you'll need to whip together two dozen of these no-flour, dairy-free, low-sugar cookies.
Makes 24 cookies
|1 cup unsalted almond butter, stirred well|
|3/4 cup NOW Real Food® Sucanat™*|
|1 large egg|
|1/2 tsp baking soda|
|1/4 tsp sea salt|
|3 oz. dark chocolate (70% cocoa or greater), broken into small pieces|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, stir together first 5 ingredients until blended.
- Stir in chocolate.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack and let cool for 15 more minutes.
Nutrients per cookie:
Total Fat: 8 g
Sat. Fat: 1.5 g
Carbs: 10 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugars: 7 g
Protein: 2 g
Sodium: 55 mg
Cholesterol: 10 mg
*NOW items available at your local health food store