Blueberry Walnut Quinoa
Adapted from Extraordinary Health, Volume 12
Have your omega-3’s for breakfast or dessert with this delicious quinoa recipe.
|1 cup rinsed NOW Real Food® Organic Quinoa*|
|1 cup of fresh blueberries|
|2/3 cup of raw honey|
|1/4 cup NOW Real Food® Walnuts*|
|1 teaspoon of nutmeg|
|2 cups water|
|1 cup of probiotic-rich Greek yogurt|
|1 teaspoon of cinnamon|
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil.
- Stir in the quinoa, cover, and reduce heat and simmer for about 10-15 minutes, or until water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let cool; chill.
- Mix together the blueberries and Greek yogurt; set aside.
- Mix together the raw honey, cinnamon, and nutmeg; set aside.
- Divide chilled quinoa into 6-8 servings.
- Place blueberry-yogurt mixture on each serving.
- Drizzle each serving with raw honey, cinnamon and nutmeg mixture.
- Top with walnuts and serve.
*NOW items available at your local health food store
Rate This Recipe