Beet, Potato, and Walnut Salad
Adapted from “Everyday Food”, July/August 2010
|1 1/2 lbs. medium golden beets, scrubbed|
|1 1/2 lbs. new potatoes, halved lengthwise|
|2 Tbsp. NOW Real Food® Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|Coarse salt and ground pepper, to taste.|
|1/2 cup roughly chopped NOW Real Food® Walnuts*|
|1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives|
|1 to 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar|
- Cook beets on sheet in middle rack for 30 minutes.
- Flip potatoes and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Cook until walnuts are toasted, potatoes are golden, and beets are tender when pierced with a knife, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Toss beets with potatoes, walnuts and chives and season to taste with red wine vinegar.
- To store, cover and keep at room temperature, up to 3 hours.
11.3 g fat (1.3 g saturated fat)
5.1 g protein
28.5 g carbohydrate
5.3 g fiber
*NOW items available at your local health food store