Black Bean, Tomato and Corn Quinoa
Adapted from www.allrecipes.com
This south-of-the-border version of quinoa makes a tasty side dish with fish or chicken.
|1 cup NOW Real Food® Organic Quinoa*|
|2 cups water|
|1 can (14 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained|
|1 cup frozen or fresh corn kernels|
|4 green onions, chopped|
|3 medium tomatoes, chopped|
|Juice and zest from a fresh lime|
|2 to 3 Tbsp. Ellyndale Organics™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|2 tsp. ground cumin|
|1/2 tsp. salt|
|1/4 tsp. chipotle chili powder, or to taste|
|1/4 cup chopped cilantro|
- Cook quinoa in boiling salted water until liquid is absorbed, 15-20 minutes.
- Place warm quinoa in a large bowl; add beans, corn, green onions, and tomatoes.
- Whisk together lime juice and zest, olive oil, garlic, cumin, salt, and chili powder.
- Stir dressing into quinoa mixture; stir in cilantro.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
7 g fat
1 g staurated fat
0 mg cholesterol
38 g carbohydrates
8 g protein
530 mg sodium
8 g fiber
*NOW items available at your local health food store