Gluten-Free Pina Colada Cake
This recipe was developed for a "Gluten-Free" Day at a local health food store.
Makes 24 servings
|2 cups Living Now™ All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour*|
|1 cup NOW Real Food™ Almond Flour*|
|1 cup NOW Real Food™ Organic Maple Syrup*|
|1/2 cup NOW Real Food™ Organic Coconut, Shredded*|
|2 Tablespoons NOW Real Food™ Organic Virgin Coconut Oil*|
|1 ½ cups organic coconut cream, canned|
|3 free-range eggs|
|3 sticks of organic salted butter (3/4 lb) (may substitute coconut oil)|
|1/2 to 2/3 whole fresh organic pineapple|
|1 ½ cups of Lakewood Organic Pineapple-Coconut Juice|
|1 jar of Fiorafrutta Organic Fig Spread (also contains apples)|
|3 teaspoons of aluminum-free baking powder|
|2 ½ teaspoons NOW Organic Vanilla Extract*|
*NOW products available at your local health food store
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease an 11 x 14 baking dish with coconut oil.
3. Stir or blend together beaten eggs, melted butter, juice, maple syrup, vanilla extract and coconut cream.
4. Stir in both flours along with baking powder until consistency is smooth.
5. Pour batter into pan.
6. Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
7. Allow to cool and cover with frosting and sautéed pineapple garnish.
1. Blend together 1 jar of fig jam and extra 2/3 can of organic coconut cream with 1/2 cup of shredded coconut and vanilla extract to taste.
1. Cut 2/3 fresh pineapple into rounds and remove skin and interior rind to create 5-6 pineapple rings.
2. Simmer covered in a tablespoon of coconut oil over very low heat for half an hour or until soft and golden.
3. Place cooked pineapple rings decoratively over frosting.