Chocolate Cake Brownies (Gluten-Free, Egg-Free, Dairy-Free)
Adapted from Guideposts magazine, March 2010
Try these delicious brownies chilled and topped with fresh strawberries and walnuts.
Makes about 12 brownies
|Cooking oil spray|
|3/4 cup NOW Real Food® Sweet Almond Oil*|
|3/4 cup honey|
|1 1/4 cups organic rice milk|
|1/4 cup NOW Real Food® Organic Flax Seed Meal*|
|2 tsp. NOW Real Food® Organic Vanilla Extract*|
|1 1/2 cups NOW Real Food® Organic Brown Rice Flour*|
|1/2 cup organic amaranth flour|
|1 cup NOW Real Food® Organic Cocoa Powder*|
|1 tsp. baking soda|
|3/4 tsp. sea salt|
|2 tsp. baking powder|
|1 cup NOW Real Food® Walnuts*|
|1/2 cup chocolate baking chips|
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 9x13 pan with canola oil.
- Combine oil, honey, rice milk, flax seed, and vanilla (in that order), then mix one minute on medium-high speed.
- Gradually add brown rice flour, amaranth flour and cocoa powder (in that order), then mix one minute on medium-high speed, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Add baking soda, sea salt and baking powder (in that order), then mix one minute on high speed.
- Stir in walnuts and baking chips; mix well, but careful not to over-mix.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake 17 to 20 minutes.
- Set pan on cooling rack for 1 hour.
- Serve chilled with ground walnuts and fresh strawberries on top, if you wish.
- Store in refrigerator.
*NOW items available at your local health food store