Farro, Organic - 16 oz.
With a unique flavor that’s earthy and nutty and a firm texture that borders on crunchy, Farro is an exceptional ancient grain that enhances any dish. Cultivated for centuries in Italy, Farro is a grain that’s often confused with Spelt and Freekeh. But make no mistake – there’s no substitute for true Farro.
NOW Real Food® Organic Farro is true Farro – a light brown grain with a deliciously complex taste that lacks the heaviness often found with other whole-wheat grains. Farro is a good source of fiber and protein. Often used in place of rice and pasta, Farro is ideal for soups and stews and adds welcome textural complexity to salads and other raw dishes.
Serving Size: 1/4 cup (40 g)
Servings Per Container: about 11
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Calories from Fat||10|
|Total Fat||1 g||2%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||29 g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g||16%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet.
† Daily Value not established.
Ingredients: Organic Farro (Non-GMO) (derived from wheat).
1) Place 1 cup NOW Real Food® Organic Farro and 2½ cups water in sauce pan on medium-high heat.
2) Allow for mixture to come to a boil then cover and place on low heat.
3) Cook Farro for 20-25 minutes or until the water has evaporated.
4) Allow Farro to cool for 5 minutes.
5) Fluff with fork and serve.
Because you are what you eat, NOW Real Food® has been committed to providing delicious, healthy, natural foods since 1968. We’re independent, family owned, and proud of it. Keep it natural. Keep it real.
Certified Organic by QAI.
Product of the USA.
This information current as of 3/7/16 10:04 AM.