- About Us
- News & Events
- Store Finder
- ⬛ Shop At Now
I’ve been a fairly competitive athlete for almost fifteen years. It seems the older I get the more I want to do. I have always enjoyed running, and for the past ten years I have primarily focused on the marathon distance. After winning the Utah Grand Slam competition in 2005 with a PR of 2:40 and running the Boston Marathon, I really wanted to try something new. This is when I got into triathlons. I did well at the short distances, but if you're anything like me, if you like a little of something you want more. As I began training for the longer distances it was obvious that I would need some nutrition and supplement guidance. This is when I turned to NOW® Sports. I’ve used a number of their supplements, but the ones that I rely on now as I train for the St. George Ironman 2011 are L-Glutamine Powder, Pro-GH, ZMA, Pyruvate, and D-Ribose. The combination of these supplements and many hours of training qualified me for the 70.3 Half Ironman World Championships in 2009 in Clearwater Florida and with any luck will give me success at the St. George Ironman in the Spring of 2011. Thank you to all those hard working people at NOW® Sports that help me to exceed my goals.
I am an endurance trainer that specializes in Spin instruction and competition preparation/training. I am a competitive local athlete and I have participated and placed in a number of endurance events. Some of my most recent accomplishments are:
• Qualified for the 2009 Half Ironman World Championships in Clearwater, FL
• 6th place in the 2009 Boise half ironman age group
• 2:50 minute Boston Marathon 2009 USAT All-American 2008
• 1st place overall in the 2007 Grand Slam Marathon competition
• 4th overall in the Deseret News Marathon 2007
• 2nd overall place in the 2007 Park City Marathon (4th in 2008)
• 3rd overall in the 2008 Utah Summer Games Triathlon
• 3rd overall Wasatch Back elite team in 2007 and 2008
• 1st overall in the Camp Yuba Triathlon 2008
• 2nd overall in the Kokopelli Triathlon 2008
• 1st place overall in the Lake Powell Triathlon 2008
• 2:40 St. George Marathon
I have been actively training for 12 years and I am certified in spinning instruction, AFAA personal training, USAT, Exercise Science Alliance strength trainer/aerobics instruction, American Red Cross Instructor Trainer, and certified GGX Fitness Director. My passion for fitness is fueled by assisting people to achieve their goals.
“Choose today to do more than you think you can, and there will be no failure.”
*NOW sponsors and provides financial support for Steve Olsen for his triathlon competitions.